Re: [HG DOLFIN] First simple steps towards parallel assembly of interior facets.

On Nov 9 2009, Anders Logg wrote:

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 09:30:44PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
On Nov 9 2009, Anders Logg wrote:

>Incidentally, we (myself, Andre Massgin and Mats Larson) discussed a
>generalization of assembly over interior facets last week that also
>covers the case of intersections between non-matching meshes.
>
>The central concept in assemble_interior_facets is that of a facet and
>its two neighboring cells.

If the 'facet' is interior to a cell, why not just assemble it as
part of the cell integral? We're doing this already for surfaces
which pass through cells.

Since it requires information from two different cells that intersect
along the "facet". And those cells come from two different meshes.

OK, so the facet really is the facet of a cell and not just part of a surface?

Our current implementation assumes that