Re: [Question #92245]: Gradients and SubFunctions

Question #92245 on DOLFIN changed:

Phil Marinier gave more information on the question:
I finally got some time to do some more coding. I successfully used the
vector().set(block, num_rows, rows) on a gradient with 2 subfunctions.
But I can't make my own Function with subfunctions. I can't find a demo
that deals with makeing subfunctions either. I was trying to use a copy
constructor on one of my gradients as a way to cheat, but now that I
understand the way the subfunctions are stored, I don't think that will
work, since the length of the vectors on my user defined function-with-
subfunctions is different from that on the dolfin generated function-
with-subfunctions. I got the programmers reference working, but there
doesn't seem to be a class for subfunctions.

Once again I feel like this is a really stupid question, but how do you
define subfunctions for a function?