Re: [Question #99875]: restricted dof

Question #99875 on DOLFIN changed:

Johan Hake posted a new comment:
On Thursday 11 February 2010 06:31:18 dbeacham wrote:
> Question #99875 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/99875

> dbeacham confirmed that the question is solved:
> Thanks, this had put me on the right track. Just one more thing
> (hopefully):
>
> In the python interface, how do I generate the 'ufc::cell const &'
> argument used in DofMap.local_dimension? I've tried using
> V.cell()/V.ufl_element() but they don't work, so I assume they're the
> incorrect way.

I guess you can't as it is not possible to create an ufc::cell in the Python
interface (as far as I know...). I am also not sure we want to expose more of
the UFC interface to PyDOLFIN, and particular not ufc::cell, as it comes with
some nasty double ** attributes in its public interface.

However, in DofMap many functions come in one DOLFIN and one UFC version, but
local_dimension is not one of them. Is there a reason for this Anders? It
should be straight forward to just add it.