[Question #102501]: Best way to specify coefficient fields

New question #102501 on DOLFIN:

What is the best way to specify coefficient fields, e.g. conductivity, permeability, elastic constants ?
I have seen the example "tensor-weighted-poisson" which seems very convoluted.

I am interested in solving Darcy flow with variable permeability k (usually a scalar, but may be a tensor with diagonal entries)...
Also, elastic problems with anisotropic material whose properties vary through space.
There are 9 independent coefficients for elasticity, (out of 81 entries in Cijkl, which relates stress s_ij and strain e_kl).