Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 4658: Remove arguments in header files when not used. Error reported by Benjamin

>> On 26/03/10 05:28, noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> revno: 4658
>>> committer: Anders Logg<logg@xxxxxxxxx>
>>> branch nick: dolfin-dev
>>> timestamp: Thu 2010-03-25 22:23:54 +0100
>>> message:
>>>    Remove arguments in header files when not used. Error reported by
>>> Benjamin
>>>    while compiling MeshBuilder. Unclear why these errors only show up
>>> when
>>>    building MeshBuilder. Can be suppressed with -Wno-unused-parameter
>>> but
>>>    that flag is not used.
>>
>> This breaks the consistency with which we declare functions. Why does
>> Benjamin run into a error/warning and the rest of us don't?
>
> Yes, it is strange. The warnings have the form
>
> cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
> In file included from
> /home/benjamik/fenics/dolfin/local/include/dolfin/la/dolfin_la.h:11,
>                  from
> /home/benjamik/fenics/dolfin/local/include/dolfin.h:10,
>                  from ./scenegraph/OsgDolfinObject.h:5,
>                  from scenegraph/OsgDolfinObject.cpp:11:
> /home/benjamik/fenics/dolfin/local/include/dolfin/la/GenericTensor.h:109:
> error: unused parameter ‘x
>
> and I get them only when building Meshbuilder. The compiler is the
> standard g++ 4.4.1.

Meshbuilders build script adds the flag -W which is an alias of -Wextra to
the compiler options. If you do
scons configure customCxxFlags='-Wextra'
you will get these warnings.

Do you want this extra strict warning level in Dolfin? I will change
Meshbuilders compiler options accordingly.

Benjamin