Re: [Question #117960]: Matrix multiplication by vector slow with uBLAS

Question #117960 on DOLFIN changed:

Anders Logg proposed the following answer:
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 04:51:28PM -0000, Garth Wells wrote:
> Question #117960 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/117960
>
> Garth Wells proposed the following answer:
> I have noticed some *major* slow downs in uBLAS lately. I'd say that
> there isn't much that we can do about. uBLAS as a project appears
> rudderless and not bothered about performance.
>
> We should seriously consider removing support for uBLAS. We now have
> Armadillo available for dense linear algebra, and PETSc can be installed
> as package or via Dorsal. The motivations for adding uBLAS now longer
> hold.

I don't mind removing uBLAS, but perhaps we should wait a little while
longer. I remember that we considered removing MTL4 a while back but
then it started improving.