Re: liparmetis strangeness

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 02:45:33PM +0200, Anders Logg wrote:
> I'm currently not able to build FEniCS with Dorsal on my Ubuntu lucid.
> For some strange reason, libparmetis.a gets messed up.
>
> It looks perfectly fine after the installation of ParMetis (a symlink
> to $prefix/src/ParMetis-3.1.1/libparmetis.a) but then later during the
> installation (I don't know when), it gets replaced by a symlink to
> itself.
>
> Which other packages might be messing with the ParMETIS symlink?

Found it. Seems to be a problem with the symlinks in
petscwithmumps.package.

Can we remove those symlinks? Will there ever be anything installed in

  ${INSTALL_PATH}/lib/${PETSC_ARCH}

?

Dorsal is installing PETSc as a library ($prefix/include, lib etc)
without any reference to PETSC_ARCH so those symlinks should not be
needed.