Re: Default installation of .cmake files

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 13:05 -0700, Johan Hake wrote:
> I found out that the ufc-config.cmake are installed in
>
>   prefix/share/ufc
>
> This is kindoff hard wired. When I removed the ufc-1.pc, DOLFIN cmake cannot
> find ufc.
>
> With pkg-config we just put the file in a directory and included that in
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH. Is there a similare directory or PATH we can add for CMAKE,
> and hence put all .cmake files there?
>
> I know trilinos puts it in its prefix/include, so there might not be a clear
> answer to this, I guess.

I dug around a bit on the CMake search paths, but didn't reach any firm
conclusion. I stumbled across

    prefix/share/ufc

by accident. If you see UFC_DIR=prefix, then CMake will (I think) find
the config file in prefix/share/ufc. I'm not sure what happens if it's
in /usr/local/share/ufc. Can you try it out on your machine?

Trilinos uses include, others use lib. 'share' seems a better place to
me, especially if CMake searches there.

Garth