Re: Nedelec/eigenvalue demos

On 31. aug. 2010 16:45, Evan Lezar wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am sorry that I have been so quiet on the list - it has been a busy
> couple of months for me. I was responsible for some of the original
> waveguide demo, and was not sure where it should be located. I assume
> that you simply mean to move the demo to the la and not really change
> the content much.

Yes.

> Is the removal of the curl-curl demo due to the overlap with the
> waveguide demo?

Yes.

> One thing that I have just thought of is if there is place in the
> demos for application type demos. By this I mean the kind of thing
> that might make it into the upcoming Fenics book? If there is, then I
> will look at extending the waveguide demo to include more
> post-processing of the solution so as to be more meaningful to someone
> who wants to use Fenics to solve similar problems.

That would be great. Especially if you also want to write documentation
for it :)

I'll do the move, but will keep the demo simple for now -- just
illustrating how to do Nedelecs and how to solve a generalized
eigenvalue problem. Feel free to jump in at anytime you want to extend it.

--
Marie