Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5210: Update the parameters of the LinearSolver from the parameter of the NewtonSolver before solving.

On 27/09/10 23:23, noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
revno: 5210
committer: Johan Hake<hake.dev@xxxxxxxxx>
branch nick: dolfin
timestamp: Mon 2010-09-27 15:15:03 -0700
message:
   Update the parameters of the LinearSolver from the parameter of the NewtonSolver before solving.
modified:
   dolfin/nls/NewtonSolver.cpp

I have un-done this change because it doesn't work when the linear solver is supplied by the user.

I find it confusing when one object sets parameters for another. In this case, I think that it's much easier to supply the linear solver if the user wants to control parameters. Linear solvers are also tricky for setting parameters because there are very few parameters that are common to all solvers.

lp:dolfin
https://code.launchpad.net/~dolfin-core/dolfin/main

Your team DOLFIN Core Team is subscribed to branch lp:dolfin.