[Question #131523]: Armadillo for Dolfin on Mac

New question #131523 on DOLFIN:

I am trying to install dolfin 0.9.9 on my mac (os x 10.5.8) and when I try to build dolfin, I get the following error regarding armadillo:

-- Checking for package 'Armadillo'
CMake Error at /Applications/CMake2.8-1.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:70
(MESSAGE):
 Armadillo could not be found.  Be sure to set ARMADILLO_DIR.  (missing:
 ARMADILLO_TEST_RUNS)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
 cmake/modules/FindArmadillo.cmake:139 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
 CMakeLists.txt:156 (find_package)

Please note that I have already installed armadillo (from arma.sourceforge.net) and I have already set the armadillo directory as follows:

export ARMADILLO_DIR=/Applications/armadillo-0.9.90

Is there a mistake in the way I am setting the armadillo directory?