Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5256: Use boost::timer in place of std::clock. Simplifies implementation,

On 11/11/10 10:39, Anders Logg wrote:
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 01:27:02PM -0800, Johan Hake wrote:
On Wednesday November 10 2010 13:14:26 noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
revno: 5256
committer: Anders Logg<logg@xxxxxxxxx>
branch nick: dolfin
timestamp: Wed 2010-11-10 22:11:59 +0100
message:
   Use boost::timer in place of std::clock. Simplifies implementation,
   but same (slow) speed as std::clock and equally bad precision.
   boost:timer most likely uses std::clock but at least the implementation
   is simplified.

The boost::timer _is_ using std::clock and the implementation is more or less
exactly the same as ours (where) :). I looked into this when I tried to fix
the strange timer bug in PyDOLFIN.

Yes, but the implementation is "much" simpler using boost.

It's now been replaced by a system-specific call to getttimeofday
which has much better speed and accuracy.

Do we have a benchmark to measure the cost of the timing?