Re: Unable to find boost-thread

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Harish Narayanan
<harish.mlists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I receive the following when I try to build DOLFIN.
>
> CMake Error at /opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1123
> (message):
>  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.
>
>  Boost version: 1.44.0
>
>  Boost include path: /opt/local/include
>
>  The following Boost libraries could not be found:
>
>          boost_thread
>
>  Some (but not all) of the required Boost libraries were found.  You may
>  need to install these additional Boost libraries.  Alternatively, set
>  Boost_LIBRARYDIR to the directory containing Boost libraries or BOOST_ROOT
>  to the location of Boost.
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  CMakeLists.txt:158 (find_package)
>

> >From past experience, I think there needs to be a Mac specific thing
> like linking to libboost_thread-mt that needs to be done.

This should be easy to solve by turning on Boost_USE_MULTITHREADED
when configuring DOLFIN. However, is this a bug in MacPorts since all
the Boost libraries seems to have the non -mt ending except for the
thread library? What I mean is that there seems to be missing a
symlink libboost_thread.dylib -> libboost_thread-mt.dylib (or ->
libboost_thread.dylib.1.44.0).

Johannes