Re: SORSolver dependency in real.cpp

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 05:07:40PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> There is a dependency on
>
>    dolfin/ode/SORSolver.h
>
> in dolfin/common/real.cpp. This seems odd to me. Is there a reason for it?
>
> Garth

real.h/cpp provide some basic algorithms that work on high precision
floats. One of these is the matrix exponential which is computed by a
rational approximation, hence the need for solving a linear system.

The SORSolver is the only solver in DOLFIN that handles high precision
floats (uBLAS etc can't be used). It would be more natural to put it
under dolfin/la, although it would still be a bit non-optimal to have
a dependency from common to la. Any other suggestion?

Benjamin has quite a few improvements to the ODE solvers and the
multiprecision in a separate branch (on Launchpad). I will merge it
back soon, but it would be good to sort this out first.