Re: SORSolver dependency in real.cpp

On 25/11/10 17:34, Anders Logg wrote:
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 05:07:40PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
There is a dependency on

    dolfin/ode/SORSolver.h

in dolfin/common/real.cpp. This seems odd to me. Is there a reason for it?

Garth

real.h/cpp provide some basic algorithms that work on high precision
floats. One of these is the matrix exponential which is computed by a
rational approximation, hence the need for solving a linear system.

The SORSolver is the only solver in DOLFIN that handles high precision
floats (uBLAS etc can't be used).

What is the typical system size?

Garth

It would be more natural to put it
under dolfin/la, although it would still be a bit non-optimal to have
a dependency from common to la. Any other suggestion?

Benjamin has quite a few improvements to the ODE solvers and the
multiprecision in a separate branch (on Launchpad). I will merge it
back soon, but it would be good to sort this out first.