Re: No access any more to FiniteElement / ufc::finite_element from within UFC ?

On 17/01/11 15:11, Andre Massing wrote:
> Den 17.01.11 15.49, skrev Garth N. Wells:
>>

>> On 17/01/11 14:46, Andre Massing wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I just realized that the previous member
>>>
>>> FiniteElement** coefficient_elements
>>> and
>>> std::vector<FiniteElement>  finite_elements
>>> , respectively were removed from the UFC class.
>>
>> The coefficient finite elements are still there.
>
> Yes, but I need the ones which correspond to the test and trial function
> spaces.
>

>>> I need these ones or
>>> more precisely access to the underlying ufc::finite_element.
>>>
>>> Can anybody give me a quick hint how to achieve this in the newer DOLFIN
>>> versions? I already scanned through the code, but could not find a
>>> simple solution.
>>>

>>> From a FunctionSpace, you can extract a dolfin::FiniteElement, followed
>> by a ufc::finite_element.
>
> But not from within the UFC class since the dolfin::Form form member is
> private. Since the UFC class takes a dolfin::Form argument in the
> constructor and a reference to the Form is stored in the UFC class,
> would it not be meanful to make it accessible  by having a
> const Form & form() const;
> member function in the UFC class?

Just pass the Form and don't use UFC.

The UFC class is just a convenience class for assembly, and shouldn't
generally be used. The less that is in UFC, the easy things are to
maintain (as I know from having made some recent changes).

Garth