Re: [Question #141904]: Eigenproblem for integral operator

Question #141904 on DOLFIN changed:

Raphael Kruse is still having a problem:
Hi,

thank you for your answer!

Yes, you are right. The final integral is over a 2-dimensional domain,
while the trial and testfunctions are 1-dimensional.

But I hoped one can calculate the desired matrix in a perhaps iterative fashion.
Say we have q(x,y) = q(x -y) such that

[Qu](x) = \int q(x - y) u(y) dy

is nothing more but the convolution of q and u.

Is it possible to represent [Qu](x) as function instance in Fenics for a
given trial function u such that

L = Qu*v*dx
c = assemble(L)

and c is the column of my desired matrix, which is related to my trial
function u?

Thanks a lot!
Raphael