Re: [Question #141422]: [Question #141422]:[Question #141422]:[Question#141422]: [Question#141422]:[Question #141422]:[Question #141422]:DOLFIN/FEniCS integrationin otherPythoninstallation

Question #141422 on DOLFIN changed:

Till B is still having a problem:
Yes, I already tried this, environment variables are set like you described.
In fact I reinstalled the whole Python(x,y) into the Fenics installation.

But when I try to compile the biharmonics demo.py, I get the error below, no
matter if it is from Spyder or the cmd shell. It does work if I run the
Fenics runme.bat first.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\FEniCS\share\dolfin\demo\pde\biharmonic\python\demo.py", line 24,
in <module>
    from dolfin import *
  File "C:\FEniCS\lib\site-packages\dolfin\__init__.py", line 11, in
<module>
    import dolfin.cpp as cpp
  File "C:\FEniCS\lib\site-packages\dolfin\cpp.py", line 28, in <module>
    _cpp = swig_import_helper()
  File "C:\FEniCS\lib\site-packages\dolfin\cpp.py", line 24, in
swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_cpp', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.

(last line means that the called module was not found)

I tried to mimic the runme.bat and I guess the tricky part is

if not defined HOME (
   if defined HOMEDRIVE (
      if defined HOMEPATH (
         set HOME=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%
      )
   ) else (
      if defined USERPROFILE (
         set HOME=%USERPROFILE%
      )
   )
)
if not defined HOME (
   for /f "tokens=*" %%a in (
      'python -c "import os;print os.path.expanduser('~')"'
   ) do (
      set HOME=%%a
   )
)
if not exist "%HOME%\pydistutils.cfg" (
   echo [build] > "%HOME%\pydistutils.cfg"
   echo compiler=mingw32 >> "%HOME%\pydistutils.cfg"
)
What is it doing here? Can I somehow include this into Spyder or the other
Python(x,y) stuff?