Re: Buildbots

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 07:53:19PM +0100, Johannes Ring wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Johannes Ring <johannr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Marie E. Rognes <meg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> On 02/03/2011 11:08 AM, Johannes Ring wrote:
> >>
> >> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Joachim Berdal Haga <jobh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Could be an idea to use ccache on the buildbots, that really helps with
> >>
> >> The buildbots has always used ccache.
> >>
> >> Good! I thought they didn't because the build takes so long... an hour. Does
> >> the cache get hits (ccache -s)?
> >>
> >> Yes, ccache works. The reason it takes so long is because it builds
> >> DOLFIN in several different configurations. I think it should be
> >> enough to do one minimal and one full build. Other opinions?
> >>
> >> I think it is good to test all these different configurations. But it would
> >> be good to have a quickbot, reporting for instance after one minimal build +
> >> tests
> >
> > OK, but maybe we should discuss these configurations since they were
> > chosen somewhat randomly I think. Currently we have four different
> > build stages:
> >
> > 1. all optional packages disabled
> > 2. UFMPACK, CHOLMOD, MTL4, CGAL, Python, and ZLIB enabled
> > 3. MPI, SCOTCH, ParMETIS, and Trilinos enabled
> > 4. PETSc, SLEPc, and GMP enabled
> >
> > The C++ demo programs are built between each stage.
> >
> > Can we reduce the number of stages?
>
> Update: There are now three personal buildbots available building
> different branches of DOLFIN:
>
> 1. branch lp:~dolfin-core/dolfin/wells: http://www.fenicsproject.org:8081/
> 2. branch lp:~dolfin-core/dolfin/logg: http://www.fenicsproject.org:8082/
> 3. branch lp:~dolfin-core/dolfin/hake: http://www.fenicsproject.org:8083/

Thanks!

But my buildbot seems to be not working:

*** Checking out dolfin *** [1/1]
bzr pull http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dolfin-core/dolfin/logg
bzr: ERROR: Connection error: while sending GET
/~dolfin-core/dolfin/logg: [Errno 113] No route to host
*** error during stage checkout of dolfin: ########## Error running
bzr pull http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dolfin-core/dolfin/logg ***
[1/1]
*** the following modules were not built *** [1/1]
dolfin
program finished with exit code 1

> They all run on the same slave so be gentle with the 'force build'
> button ;-)

Which machine is it running on? Is it a dedicated build server?

> Question: Where should these buildbots send their error reports? To
> the DOLFIN mailing list, to the person responsible for the branch, or
> perhaps to a new buildbot only mailing list?

I think the easiest would be to send it to the list. If people think
it's too much we can set up a separate list.