Re: Merge policies

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 06:18:33PM +0100, Anders Logg wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 08:44:52AM -0800, Johan Hake wrote:

> > > Agree!
> >
> > +
> >
> > If the real reason for the more complicated push policy was that you do not
> > like what other developer introduce ;), we could try to use the Blueprint
> > and/or email list more!
>
> I like the new "complicated" push policy (which is not so complicated,
> really) since it allows me to push the stuff I do quickly (often
> without testing) and not worrying about breaking anything.

In conclusion: I will try to follow the proposed merge policy but feel
free to follow a different approach (and feel the pain when you break
the main branch). :-)

I recommend using the merge request feature on Launchpad before
merging since it's an easy way to announce that a merge is happening
without needing to send an email.