Re: [Question #145133]: how to run demo.py

Question #145133 on DOLFIN changed:

Anders Logg proposed the following answer:
On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 05:29:38PM -0000, Gevorg Hovakimyan wrote:
> New question #145133 on DOLFIN:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/145133
>
> Hi,
>
> I am completely new to FEniCS, and using the command prompt as well. How do I actually run demo.py from the command prompt? Is there a tutorial for this? Once I do run it, how does it output the output of the program? do I need to compile demo.py before running it? Your help would be appreciated.

Type this in the command prompt and then press enter:

  python demo.py

Then the following will happen:

1. You will see some text being printed
2. You will see a plot of the solution in a separate window
3. The solution will be stored to a .pvd file which you can
   visualize in for example ParaView or MayaVi

Good luck