Re: [Question #146389]: Stable Version of DOLFIN (0.9.9) for Windows

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Marie E. Rognes <meg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/22/2011 12:07 PM, Johannes Ring wrote:
>>
>> Question #146389 on DOLFIN changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/146389

>> Johannes Ring proposed the following answer:
>> Sorry, the Windows (and Mac) installer is currently only available with
>> the development version of DOLFIN. However, the installer is not up-to-
>> date so your problem might have been fixed in the latest code. I don't
>> know but I can rebuild the installer with the latest development
>> packages and you can then check to see if your problem is resolved. I
>> will let you know when the new installer is ready for download.
>

> The functionality of interest is present (and well-tested) in dolfin-0.9.9
> and not present (and not tested) in the main developmental dolfin.

OK.

> How hard is it to make packages for 0.9.9?

I don't know since I haven't tried but it won't be straightforward.
Version 0.9.9 is rather old and 0.9.10 is right around the corner so
I'm not sure how much time I should spend on building 0.9.9 on Windows
now. I can give it a shot if it is really important but I think that
installing Ubuntu in a virtual machine and then use the Ubuntu
packages is a better option for those who needs DOLFIN 0.9.9 on
Windows.

Johannes