Re: [Question #146389]: Stable Version of DOLFIN (0.9.9) for Windows

Question #146389 on DOLFIN changed:

Marie Rognes proposed the following answer:
On 02/24/2011 09:38 AM, Robert Gary Cerff wrote:
> Question #146389 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/146389
>
> Robert Gary Cerff gave more information on the question:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> Regarding the new v0.9.9 build of DOLFIN, I am able to successfully run
> the example program located in \share\dolfin\demo\pde\navier-
> stokes\python\demo.py
>
> However, when attempting to run the adaptive example program located
> here,
>
>   \share\dolfin\demo\undocumented\adaptive-pde\navier-stokes.py
>
> ... I receive the exception message below. What might be causing this?

The mesh is refined in the adaptive loop, and various functions on the
original mesh are transferred to the refined mesh. However in this
case, the functions end up being evaluated at points that seem (due to
rounding errors) to lie outside the mesh. This will normally give an
error, but specifying

         parameters["allow_extrapolation"] = True

allows an extrapolation to a "closest point in mesh". The finding of
the closest point makes use of the external library CGAL, which I
guess is not included in the windows installation.

--
Marie