[Question #148679]: dofmap.max_local_dimension() removed?

Question #148679 on DOLFIN changed:

Description changed to:
I'm working with code developed for the cbc.rans-package
(https://launchpad.net/cbc.rans) which is written for dolfin 0.9.9, and
using dolfin 0.9.10 I have encountered this error:

(copied from ipython interface)
(V is a FunctionSpace or VectorFunctionSpace)

    117         dofmap = V.dofmap()
--> 118         n = dofmap.max_local_dimension()

AttributeError: 'GenericDofMap' object has no attribute
'max_local_dimension'

I am told this is because 'max_local_dimension' is a variable in dolfin
0.9.9, but removed in 0.9.10.  How can I get the same variable for
dolfin 0.9.10?