Re: Patch that adds physical region support for gmsh meshes in meshconvert.py

On Friday March 25 2011 07:36:28 Anders Logg wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:22:19PM +0200, Neilen Marais wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I light of https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/150226 I
> > cooked up a patch that adds support for converting "Physical Regions"
> > specified in gmsh as a meshfunction.  I'm using the same basic
> > approach as the abaqus converter, which results in an extra file
> > getting written with the mesh function.
> >
> > I had to update the gmsh2xml() function to use the handler object
> > rather than the various write_* functions to write the mesh function.
> >
> > I verified that it still produces the same mesh.xml as the unmodified
> > version. As far as I can tell the outputs are identical.
> >
> > I hope this is the right place to post it, otherwise feel free to
> > teach me where :)
>
> Yes, this is the right place. Someone will look at your patch and
> apply it.

Neilen!

Thanks for your patch! Is it possible for you to construct a unit test for
this converter? There is already one in:

  test/unit/meshconverter/python/test.py

for abaqus mesh. So I guess it should be straight forward to implement one for
gmsh too.

Johan