[Question #156733]: Cannot convert from Dolfin XML mesh format

New question #156733 on DOLFIN:

Dear all,

- It seems that I can only output meshes in the special Dolfin XML format. Is that correct?
- It also seems that dolfin-convert can only convert to the Dolfin format, but not from it again (as far as I can see from meshconvert.py -- although the help does show options for specifying both input and output formats). Is that also correct?

Does this mean that it is currently impossible to get a generated mesh into a format that can be worked with outside of FEniCS/Dolfin, for example GMSH or Metis? Or is there some other way of doing this?

Thanks very much in advance!

Cheers,
James