[Question #158689]: Compiling and running with mpi

New question #158689 on DOLFIN:

Hello every one,
I'm a beginner in FEniCS, however, because the simplicity of the software, I was able to solve a problem on forced convection very soon. I run my script with: python ForcedConv.py

To run it in parallel I just did: mpirun -np 4 python ForcedConv.py
(and to my surprise everything works very well!! ).

Now I'd like to do some speed up study. I'm using PETSc as solver backend.

I got several questions:
How can I measure the time of some part of a python code ?.
To measure the total time, is it correct to use: time mpirun -np 4 python ForcedConv.py ?
How does FEniCS make the partition of the mesh of problem?
Do you think it is better to create a C++ version of my problem to compile with mpicxx?,
if so, how can compile with mpicxx directly?

Best regards,