Re: doc targets?

On 05/31/2011 03:14 PM, Garth N. Wells wrote:

On 31/05/11 08:54, Marie E. Rognes wrote:
On 05/31/2011 09:01 AM, Garth N. Wells wrote:
I can't easily see what the doc make targets do. I did

    make all_doc

but I can't see where the html files are.

If you want to generate and htmlify doc, do

    make doc

Start from

    build/doc/sphinx-[cpp|python]/build/html/index.html

cf commit:

     revno: 5880.1.12
     committer: Marie E. Rognes<meg@xxxxxxxxx>
     branch nick: rognes
     timestamp: Fri 2011-05-27 18:16:02 +0200
     message:

       The following targets are now valid:

       1. To generate reST files from code

         make api_doc    # Generate reST files from dolfin/ (Takes time
         make demo_doc   # Copy demo files from demo and add an index l

       2. To generate html from reST files:

         make html       # Run sphinx in sphinx projects. Requires Sphi
                         # html generated in build/doc/sphinx-cpp/build
                         # build/doc/sphinx-python/build/html

       3. To generate reST and html:

         make doc        # Do all: make api_doc + demo_doc + html. Requ

       4. Other auxiliary targets:

         make cpp_html      # Run sphinx in C++ sphinx project. Require
         make python_html   # Run sphinx in Python sphinx project. Requ
         make all_doc       # make_api + demo_doc. Requires Sphinx.

  I followed this by

    make install

but can't find the docs in $PREFIX/share/dolfin. Where should I look?

I haven't touched make install.

     make doc_install

which installs the sphinx-[cpp|python] directories under share/dolfin is
at the moment available from ~dolfin-core/dolfin/rognes

Could you add this to lp:dolfin? I don't imagine that it will break
anything.

As long as you can accept an additional hardly-complete stokes-iterative documentation ;-), yes. I'll rename the targets according to Anders' suggestions first and then merge.

--
Marie