Re: repo troubles

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 03:39:07PM +0100, Florian Rathgeber wrote:

> On 06/06/11 11:43, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:

> >> Thanks, I will try that.

> >> It doesn't work for me. I'm experiencing the same issue now with the
> >> fenics-book repository. I get an error message about not being able to
> >> acquire look, but it looks like the push still goes through. At least
> >> the commit messages end up on the mailing list.
> >>

> > Just a random permutation, have you tried using lp: notation with bzr
> > break-lock?
> >
> > bzr break-lock lp:~logg/fenics-book/mybranch
> >
> > Shouldn't make any difference, but this shouldn't be a problem either...
> >
> > Also, at
> >   http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/user-reference/break-lock-help.html
> > it says
> >   You can get information on what locks are open via the ‘bzr info
> > [location]’ command.
> > Tried that?
>
> If you haven't already, try bzr break-lock --force
>
> I had this problem with a hiccup on the launchpad side before and it was
> necessary to force breaking the lock.
>
> Florian

There does not seem to be any lock. bzr info reports no locks, and
breaking the nonexisting lock works fine.

Still, this doesn't work:

  cd work      # branched (unbound) from trunk
  <edit>
  bzr commit
  cd ../trunk  # bound to lp:fenics-book
  bzr pull ../work

The pull goes through, including updating the lp repository and
sending an email message about the update, but I get an error message:

Unable to obtain lock  held by logg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
at crowberry [process #5621], acquired 6 seconds ago.
See "bzr help break-lock" for more.

So it could be a network error or bzr/lp bug since the lock was
acquired by my bzr pull command, the same command that fails. After
the process has completed, there is no lock.