Re: Test organization (where do I add tests)

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 03:55:35PM +0200, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> Are there some rules? I want to add some tests that
> cover the integration of PyDOLFIN with UFL and
> effects of that on UFL algorithm behaviour.
>
> Basically I want to assemble integrals of derivatives
> of many different expressions to see that the entire
> chain works for all operators. Where do I add this?
>
> I won't get around to it for the beta, but plan to during
> the testing period.

Is this a kind of "system" test? If so, that can be added under
test/system. Those test currently run all demos. We could split that
test up into two different tests: demos and UFL integration.

> A note on the tests I've seen: several places tests
> are disabled by placing """ before and after a test_foo
> function. A convention in other test frameworks is
> to add an x before the name of a disabled test:
>
> def test_foo(): # automatically run by the test framework
> def xtest_foo(): # not run!
>
> This is easier to switch, and easy to search for.

Sounds good to me. Feel free to change those when you see them.