Re: 1.0-beta

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 02:20:44PM +0200, Marie E. Rognes wrote:

> Is the plan for 1.0-beta to fix
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ffc/+bug/787010
>
> and then release?

Yes + decide on the interface for NonlinearVariationalProblem.

I think that should be all.

It would be good to hear more comments on the two suggestions:

1. (current)

  NonlinearVariationalProblen(lhs, rhs, u, bcs, [J])

  This is consistent with LinearVariationalProblem and the solve()
  functions; same order of arguments.

2. (Garth)

  NonlinearVariationalProblen(lhs, u, bcs, [J])

  This removes the unnecessary rhs argument which always has to be
  zero.

I think there are good arguments for both but not very strong so it's
a matter of taste.

I'll try to fix bug 787010 now. I'm on vacation so I'm working slower
than usual.