Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/logg] Rev 6153: Add set_marker function to both MeshFunction and MeshMarkers to make

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:36:30PM -0700, Johan Hake wrote:
> On Wednesday August 31 2011 23:16:15 Anders Logg wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 03:16:23PM -0700, Johan Hake wrote:
> > > Disclaimer: I have no clue of what you are doing :)
> > :
> > :-) I'm trying to get boundary indicators working again (in
> >
> > parallel). In the process, I'm making some changes and extensions that
> > were suggested (not using MeshData as primary storage). The changes
> > involve the addition of two new classes: MeshDomains and MeshMarkers
> > (used internally by MeshDomains but also useful in itself). Will
> > describe this all in more detail once it's working.
>
> Ok.
>
> > >   If you want to expose 'set' to Python you rather choose another name...
> > >
> > >   set_one, set_value?
> >
> > I suspected as much but couldn't figure out why. So why?
>
> Well, it is probably not that bad after all. I just recall set not beeing used
> because it is a reserved word in Python in matplotlib. But it looks like it
> has changed to actually using set (resembles set in matlab), instead of setp
> which they had previously...

How can something used in matplotlib have any effect on member
functions in the MeshFunction class?

Anyway, I'll change it to set_value. We already have set_all so it's a
better match.