Re: UFC and CMake

On 26 September 2011 19:50, Johan Hake <johan.hake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is no explicit support for DOLFIN in instant, and tehre shouldn't be.

I don´t see any problems with adding some dolfin specific stuff as long
as Instant keeps its general interface as well. But lets keep it as it
is.

> I think the best way is to create a general cmake equivalent of
> header_and_libs_from_pkgconfig. Then let the VTK specific parts in instant
> use
> that. This has the benefit of others being able to use it with there own
> packages.
>
> Then we can provide a general
>
>  header_and_libs(package, ..., config_system="pkg-config")
>
> function which provide all compile information we need for a certain
> package
> using any of "pkg-config" or "CMake" as config_system (or what ever)
> arguments.

I think I will keep the VTK stuff as it is, at least for now. It has some
additional features which makes it
possible to write code with any kind of VTK structures. Instant will find
the relevant
headers and include the relevant typemaps for making the code work. In VTK
you can to this
in a very generic way by using the vtkPythonObjectFromPoint and
vtkPythonGetPointerFromObject
functions.

Kent