Re: Branching off 1.0 or 1.1

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 03:45:26PM -0700, Johan Hake wrote:
> On Monday October 24 2011 15:37:08 Garth N. Wells wrote:

> > > Now it looks like there is one trunk and one 1.1 series. Is that correct?
> >
> > Yes. There is no 1.1 branch, but there is a 1.1 series and a milestone
> > so that we can target bugs and blueprints. We could also add a 1.2
> > series.
> >
> > Once most targeted 1.1 bugs and blueprints are closed, we can create a
> > branch from trunk to prepare for release.
>
> Ok, slowly getting there!

I still don't understand this model. Where should development happen?
I expect it to happen in trunk, but then it won't go into 1.1.

It now looks like we have to worry about three series: the stable 1.0
branch, the 1.1 branch and trunk. I prefer a simpler model with just
two branches: stable and development and then "branching" off the
development branch when we feel stable.