Re: FEniCS book for Kindle?

2011/12/6 Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 07:25:49AM -0800, Chong Luo wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to read the FEniCS book in my Kindle. Is it possible to provide the FEniCS book in Kindle formats (.mobi or .epub)? Thanks!
>>
>> BTW: I tried to convert the latex source to html, and then I can use Calibre to convert the html files to .mobi. However,none of the latex-->html conversion tools (including latex2html, plastex, tex4ht etc.) work, and I had to give up.
>>
>> Chong
>
> I haven't used the Kindle, but there seem to be converters from
> PDF. Have you tried that?

I also tried to convert the source to .mobi-format via html but gave
up after some struggling. tex4ht seemed most promising but I didn't
have time to read up on that. I may give it another try when I have
time. Would it be ok to distribute .mobi-files (I mean, without
getting trouble with the publisher etc.)?

Benjamin