Re: Debian freeze in June - Any plans for a release?

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 09:49:04AM +0200, Johannes Ring wrote:
>> As announced on debian-devel-announce last week [1], Debian aims to
>> freeze in the second half of June. This means that if we would like
>> any new release to be part of the next stable release of Debian, we
>> should try to release it in good time before that. Also Ubuntu stops
>> their automatic import from Debian (DebianImportFreeze [2]) in late
>> June.
>>
>> I would say that if 1.1 is not ready for a release yet, we should at
>> least release 1.0.1 before the summer. Are there any release plans
>> currently?
>
> Garth and I discussed a release of both 1.1.0 and 1.0.1 in June. Is
> there an exact date?

The Debian freeze is only "second half of June", while the
DebianImportFreeze is June 21th. It will be possible to get a new
release into Debian and Ubuntu after these freezes but it will be more
complicated.

> Which one of 1.1.0 and 1.0.1 should go into Debian? Can we put 1.1.0
> into Debian/Ubuntu 12.10 and 1.0.1 into 12.04?

We cannot put a new release into 12.04, we can only fix bugs in the
current packages. However, we can add 1.1.0 or 1.0.1 to the PPA for
12.04.

Johannes