Re: Merge of CSG and plot branches

2012/11/20 Johan Hake <hake.dev@xxxxxxxxx>

> On 11/15/2012 10:07 AM, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> out
> descriptions

> is
> >>
> >> It crashes, but almost randomly. The same script (3D demo) sometime
> >> generate a nice mesh, other times a crappy one, and sometimes just
> crash.

> >> What is the main cause for this erratic behavior?
> >>

> > I observed erratic behaviour with CGAL <= 4.0.2 + gcc before the CSG
> > merge (this also showed up with the buildbots, with the CGAL-based
> > mesh generation failing randomly), but it's been very reliable with
> > CGAL 4.2 + gcc 4.7.
>
> I guess you mean CGAL 4.1?
>
> I have now upgraded to CGAL 4.1 and gcc4.7 and it is actually less
> reliable. Now I have not got any mesh out of the 3D python demo.
> Previously I got some 1 out of 4 runs.

Does it crash or end up in an infinite loop?

I'm working on testing the polyhedrons that are used as input for the mesh
generator for self intersections (which is what cause most of the problems
I experience). I will push that to a separate branch probably later today.
Maybe you can try running the demo with this test then. I'm also working on
removing the self intersections.

Benjamin