Re: Anyone else getting the MeshFunction error on the buildbots?

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Johannes Ring <johannr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Martin Sandve Alnæs <martinal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I don't get it locally, a couple of buildbots passed, and it's nowhere near
>> what I changed last night. So I don't see why it failed on some buildbots
>> after my changes.
>
> The problem is not caused by your changes. I recently added testing of
> 1.1.x to the buildbot and it looks to be related with that:
>
> *** -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *** Error:   Unable to complete call to function operator[]().
> *** Reason:  Assertion index < _size failed.
> *** Where:   This error was encountered inside
> /home/buildbot/fenicsbbot/1.1.x/dolfin-full/include/dolfin/mesh/MeshFunction.h
> (line 519).
> *** Process: 0
> *** -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Notice the "1.1.x" in the path to MeshFunction.h. That should have
> been "trunk" instead. I will try to figure it out.

The problem seems to be that the Instant cache directory is the same
for the 1.1.x builder and the trunk builder. If I run instant-clean
and then run the tensor-weighted-poisson Python demo with trunk, it
works fine. However, if I first run instant-clean, then run the
tensor-weighted-poisson Python demo with 1.1.x and then the same demo
with trunk, I get the same problem as on the buildbot.

I could solve this by using different Instant cache directories for
1.1.x and trunk, but is this a bug in Instant?

Johannes