Re: Tutorial wrong?

Hi Bryan,

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 20:41 -0600, Bryan Bishop wrote:
> I tried to re-trace my steps and followed the tutorial explicitly.
> This time, I'm starting to suspect it's not me.
>
> http://samba.org/~jelmer/dulwich/tutorial/
>
> what I ran: http://adl.serveftp.org/~bryan/dulwich_tutorial.py
>
> After running this, and doing the standard git checkout -f and git log
> checks, none of the updates from the second round appear in the files,
> and the commit doesn't appear in the log.

> Am I doing something wrong?
That's correct, since you're setting the branch to commit.id, rather than c2.id. Changing line 77 in your script to 'c2.id' makes "git log -p" show the contents of the second revision as well. Your script works ok here with that change.

> Also, why do I have to join the dulwich team on launchpad in order to
> be on the dulwich-users mailing list?
This is simply the way that mailing lists work on Launchpad.

Cheers,

Jelmer