Re: Test runners, nose and python 2.7

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 03:49:30AM +0100, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 06:03:12PM -0800, Dave Borowitz wrote:
> > > I've pushed the switch to unittest + unittest2 but without the
> > > test_requires stanza.
> > > Not having it doesn't seem to break anything (we never had it for nose) and
> > > I can't
> > > work out what to set exactly. Patches to add it welcome.
> >

> > I haven't been following this discussion closely, but what you just pushed
> > fails on 2.6 even after installing (with pip) unittest2 and testtools (trace
> > below).
> >
> > I don't really care what the ultimate answer is, but I'd appreciate it if
> > you could run any more potential fixes by me so I can try the tests against
> > master with my setup.
> Can you perhaps try:
>
> make check TESTRUNNER=unittest2.__main__
It looks like I was a bit uncareful when pushing this, sorry :-/

I've just verified that "python -m unittest2" works for Python2.7 but breaks on
Python2.6. unittest2.__main__ works for both 2.6 and 2.7. If you can confirm that
"make check TESTRUNNER=unittest2.__main__" I'll push a fix..

Cheers,

Jelmer