Re: Opinions on Sync of Remote to Local

2009/6/30 Kenneth Loafman <kenneth@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Should it be its own command, or is this something we just need to do
> automatically at the start of the run?

Speaking with my Deja Dup hat on (as always :)), if it wasn't run
automatically by duplicity, I would probably just run it myself on
every run.  Just to make sure that everything is OK before continuing
and because deja-dup doesn't know really when it needs to be run, so
'always' is a safe bet.  So I'd prefer it if duplicity handled that
for me, since it has more knowledge about when it needs to be done.

For normal console users of duplicity, I suspect they would prefer
things Just Worked as well.  I think you'd get reports of things not
working on the talk mailing list, you'd say, oh, just run this special
command, and they'd go away with it working.  You'd document it in the
man page and --help, but it's not clear that a person would know when
they need to run it.

-mt