Re: Translation template import - duplicity in duplicity trunk

So, just FYI about the translation support I enabled.  Right now,
users that tell LP they speak a non-English language will have the
option to help translate Duplicity [1].

LP will update its idea of which strings are available and what is
translated every time we update the pot or po files in bzr.  However,
it doesn't push back its translations automatically (they're working
on that).

So, to grab the work of translators, someone has to go to [1], press
'Download,' click 'Request Download,' wait for an email, download the
linked tarball, unpack it, rename the files, and adding them to bzr
and the LINGUAS file if it's a new language.  Not trivial, but there
ya go.  Usually I do this right before making a release for my
projects.

I set the recommended 3rd-party translation team 'Launchpad
Translators' as the duplicity-designated translation team with
'Structured' permissions.  This means that anyone can translate
strings.  But, if 'LP Translators' has a team for that language
already, the translations will be kept to the side as 'suggestions'
until someone from that team approves them or translates it
themselves.  If 'LP Translators' doesn't have a team, the translation
just goes through.

'LP Translators' is a relatively new effort to have a meta-team for
translation teams that are interested in translating non-Ubuntu
programs (it's an off-shoot of the much larger Ubuntu translation
meta-team).  So there aren't that many language teams.  But I've found
users themselves are pretty willing to step up.

One concern I have is that a lot of the strings are very technical
(error messages that speak about internal algorithm details).  Maybe
at some point, we can try to make them a little more intelligible to
both users and translators.

[1] https://translations.launchpad.net/duplicity/trunk/+translations

-mt