Future Directions

Team,

What do you think should be the next major development thrust in
duplicity?  I've got some generic ones, but you're in the trenches with
more users than I see, so let's hear from you and get something going.

My ongoing objectives, not in order of importance:

1) Get async working so that we can better overlap processing and
network activity.  This includes thread-safing the backends and getting
multiple uploads going at once to speed processing.

2) More testing and more test cases, primarily full-system tests rather
than individual unittests.

3) Better documentation - a new web site, maybe, or is it OK to leave
duplicity on nongnu.org if we're not using them for much else?  Either
way, there needs to be a FAQ section, use cases, troubleshooting, etc.

I'd like your ideas as well.  Negative as well as positive.  Are we
going in the right direction, or what?

...Thanks,
...Ken

Follow ups