Re: Differential backups (Re: Auto Coalescing Incremental Backups)

I believe this is what's known as a "differential" backup.  Maybe that
> could be a new command alongside "incremental".  It seems to be a
> standard feature of other backup utilities, so a good thing to put in
> Duplicity as well.

So at the end the "coalesce" - "condense" will do differential backup this
just in a complicated way
may be we should just call it differential and leave the user to execute it
when he wants.

Actually I like this I will definitely run every day incrementals and
differential once a month it will be cheaper then a full backup but will
break the incremental chain in more manageable pieces. And if one keeps the
incrementals and the differential there will be 2 ways to restore the data
if one peace gets damaged.