Re: Listing old files

Btw. are you aware of the duplicity options to automatically start new chains if a parametered timeframe is reached? But of course you are right

@Ken and all: Why is it possible to restore, but not to list the files in old chains?

Eventually, however, I plan to add a feature that depends on listing
files in any particular timepoint.  I don't want to release a version
that creates backup chains that can't be listed, so I'm interested in
how/if duplicity plans to solve this.

You seem to make the first steps in that direction ... please continue.

Ken mentioned that one workaround is to create each full backup in its
own directory (thus duplicity wouldn't delete old sigs because it
wouldn't know about them).  So that's one solution.  But would require
me to change some bits in Deja Dup before I release 11.0 and generally
isn't user friendly.

I'd prefer to have duplicity just do the right thing.

I am sure this is only what it said .. a workaround bot a solution. The solution is the on end of the road you are following by now.

Thanks a lot ... ede