Releases

Hello, Ken!  I was curious about the plans around 0.7 and the timing
of its eventual release.  Thinking about it loaded me with questions.
So here I go.

I know it has enhanced parity/checksum checking or some such?  Are
there features we are waiting to bake or just waiting for the existing
features to be adequately tested?

I wonder how many people test 0.7.  I don't know what kind of people
would use a development snapshot for their backup data.  I don't think
even I would.  :)

Do you think if you released development snapshot tarballs, if it
would increase testing?

Have you ever considered time based releases, with many development
releases leading up to a stable release?

I've been doing that with Deja Dup (borrowing GNOME's 6-month
schedule) and it's been good so far.  Forces a kind of feature period
followed by a baking period before stable release.  But it can mean
more maintainer work, if you release as many snapshots as GNOME does
(like 1.5/month).

-mt

Follow ups