Re: [Question #116587]: Can the "verify" option be used to ensure the entire backup could restore without error?

Aaron Whitehouse is still having a problem:
Thanks a lot, Peter.

To confirm, (aside from your bug) "verify" tests the actual archive
files, not just the remote manifests?

So, if my duplicity line is:
duplicity --exclude=$DEST_DIR --include-globbing-filelist=$FILELIST --volsize=10 --sign-key=C512B7B0 --encrypt-key=F0C0AD14 --encrypt-key=D59A4E71 / file://$DEST_DIR --verbosity=8

would my verify line simply be:
duplicity verify --sign-key=C512B7B0 file://$DEST_DIR /
?

And if that does not give any errors, I can sleep easy knowing that
every file could restore perfectly from the remote archive?

If that is what verify does, perhaps the man page could be clearer:
"The following command compares the files we backed up, so see what has changed since then:"
To me, that description sounds more like a --dry-run, or similar.

Thanks again!