Re: [Question #116587]: Can the "verify" option be used to ensure the entire backup could restore without error?

Peter Schuller proposed the following answer:
>> If that is what verify does, perhaps the man page could be clearer:
>> "The following command compares the files we backed up, so see what has changed since then:"
>> To me, that description sounds more like a --dry-run, or similar.
>
> Agreed, though modified to account for the fact that contents is
> seemingly not compared.

Well in filing the bug I realized that the above phrasing is part of
an example command, and that the documentation of the 'verify' command
itself is a bit more on the mark. Do you think the phrasing of the
verify command is unclear (other than being wrong given the bug just
filed)?

       verify Enter  verify mode instead of restore.  If the --file-to-restore
              option is given, restrict verify  to  that  file  or  directory.
              duplicity will exit with a non-zero error level if any files are
              different.  On verbosity level 4 or higher, log  a  message  for
              each file that has changed.

--
/ Peter Schuller