[Question #117790]: Rsync options feature to allow input rsync password by file

New question #117790 on Duplicity:

Hi All,
I need in my company to use duplicity to backup remotely to save very important files.

"The rsync daemon is an alternative to SSH for remote backups. Although more difficult to configure, it does provide some benefits. For example, using SSH to make a remote backup of an entire system requires that the SSH daemon allow root login, which is considered a security risk. Using the rsync daemon allows for root login via SSH to be disabled." (As stated in https://help.ubuntu.com/community/rsync)

So, I presumed a good way to make remote backups of sensitive files are using duplicity through rsync backend and also use gpg encryption to encrypt my backup files.

For security reasons I cannot pass any of my passwords by arguments in the command line to duplicity.
The obvious alternative: inform the password to rsync backend by a file. The rsync utility provides the option --password-file to inform the password saved in a file.

It would be desirable duplicity includes this feature. Based on the decisions made for ssh options/backend, the command line would be such as the following:
duplicity  --rsync-options '--password-file /etc/rsyncd.password' /etc rsync://user@backup_server::backup_module/etc

The rsync backend may be modified to accept this option. I checked the source codes and It seems very easy to implement.
I just have write some code to include this feature for versions v0.5.09 and v0.6.08b.

May anything interested in analyze this little piece of code?
How may I send this patch to the developers team?

Best,
Orair.