[Question #118297]: Breakage after trying to restart inc backup

New question #118297 on Duplicity:

I have interrupted an inc backup. Now I cannot restart it. I get this:

Last inc backup left a partial set, restarting.
Last full backup date: Sun Nov 29 16:22:20 2009

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1241, in <module>
    with_tempdir(main)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1234, in with_tempdir
    fn()
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 1216, in main
    incremental_backup(sig_chain)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 476, in incremental_backup
    assert dup_time.curtime != dup_time.prevtime, "time not moving forward at appropriate pace - system clock issues?"
AssertionError: time not moving forward at appropriate pace - system clock issues?

Looking at duplicity-bin revno 638 around line 492 I see that it dup_time.setcurtime() is caching -- it never advances cur_time after first call so the assertion can never be held. Either it's a bug or I don't understand something.